Merkur Interactive Media p.l.c is registered under the UK government’s Data Protection Act 2015 (Registration Number C 40619). The Act states that any organization or business using personal information must do so in line with eight principles of data protection; namely that personal data must be:
- Used fairly and lawfully;
- Used for specific and lawful purposes, in a manner that is compatible with those purposes;
- Adequate, relevant and not excessive;
- Accurate and where necessary kept up to date;
- Kept for no longer than necessary;
- Used in accordance with the rights of individuals under the Act;
- Kept secure to avoid unauthorised or unlawful use and accidental loss, destruction, or damage;
- Not transferred to another country unless that country has an adequate level of protection.
- To set up, manage and administer your account, including for anti-money laundering, prevention of terrorist financing and identity verification; and
- To make, settle and pay bets or wagers;
- For statistical and research purposes;
- For market research and data analysis purposes;
- To analyse your credit risk (if applicable);
- To improve the quality or service and gaming experience for players; and
- To comply with licensing and regulatory requirements as are applicable to us.